Saturday 5 July 2014

Pros & Cons

Procrastinate

To put off doing something, especially out of habitual carelessness or laziness.
To postpone or delay needlessly.
Source : Dictionary.com 


I don't think I know anybody who doesn't procrastinate. Everyone does. Just that they did it infrequently or often. But I find that I do it most often when I am feeling overwhelmed or when the task is the things that I really don't want to do but I have to in order to be a successful human. Wah. Frankly speak, who doesn't want to be success? To be rich? To be smart without even trying? Tell me who does not want that. But yeah, it's part of life to get something different, you must do something different. You don't keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result. You just can't. 

Back to the topic, procrastinate. Yes I am a procrastinator. Every time. It's not a bad thing you know. Because I do find some benefits about it.

So me. Heheh.


Pros :

You have time to think and do some research about your errand.
Well ya, it's not actually I do not want to complete my work as soon as possible, but I just can't find the solution immediately. So I went around looking here and there finding the solution that I didn't realized the time is also running very fast till the due date has finally come.

Prevent trouble/disaster
Absolutely right. Ok, let's say you're mentally or even physically breakdown, and people keep on forcing you to complete and finish your work, do you really think that the outcome will be a good one? The complete, beautiful, amazing one? No. Why? Because of pressure. So procrastinate your work can actually give you time to stabilize yourself and can help you to work professionally and efficiently.

Gained something you never know
Despite the point above, procrastination somehow gives me something I don't know. Because you know you're running out of time as the due date is just around the corner. Therefore, you'll force your lazy ass to wake up and do your work. And when I do, I actually get something new during the process of completing the work.


Cons :

Work piles up
Of course, when you procrastinate a work, then another work is coming and you'll procrastinate the work to do the first work in the mean time, another work is coming coming coming just like how fast your money running out from your purse. And your work piles up and you don't have any time to correct/check the problem arise.

Unprofessional
Being a procrastinator shows that you look unprofessional. And not reliable. It shows the bad side of you and remember that first impression is important, right.

Breakdown
I don't know others, but as for me, I'll get depressed and stressed out like a mad woman. Then of course la raging like crazy. Everyone and everything around me will be the victim. Haha sorry people. The next day I promise myself to not procrastinate my work again and a few days after I'm still doing the same thing. What even.


Thats it the obvious pros & cons of procrastinate. I talk based on myself, based on my behaviour. Procrastination is a part of life. So no worries.

"You will delay, but time will not."
- Benjamin Franklin


#TRIALSPM ; 46 days
#SPM ; 121 days





No comments:

Post a Comment